You can breathe easy knowing that Comenity's banks protect you from unauthorized charges. Here are some tips to keep your account safe from credit card fraud and identity theft:
- Always keep your card in a safe place.
- Sign your credit cards as soon as you receive them.
- Never loan your card to anyone who is not an authorized user on your account.
- Keep a list of all your account numbers in a safe place so you can quickly notify the bank in case of theft or loss.
Your account information
- Make sure to update your address when you move.
- If you do not receive a billing statement, or if it has unfamiliar charges, call Customer Care immediately.
- Reduce the chance of mail fraud by signing up for online billing statements through our online account management site.
- Check your credit report for accuracy at least once a year. Never give a credit card number or account information over the phone unless you initiated the call.
- Never send your credit card number or account information via email.
- Please know that we would never ask you to supply or verify sensitive personal or financial information via email. Regular email is not a secure method to transmit personal information.
- Don’t open emails from senders you don’t know.
- Don’t fall victim to scare tactics, such as urgent warnings of account closure that ask you to provide sensitive information via email. If you receive this type of request, it did not come from us. If you are unsure or concerned, call the number on the back of your card.
- Don’t provide sensitive information outside of a secure website. Legitimate companies will not attempt to collect personal information outside of a secure website.
- Shred printed account statements, ATM receipts, store and restaurant receipts, and any documents containing your account information or personal information. Dispose of the shredded documents in a secure location.
- Do not leave statements or other documents with personal or account information out where others can see them.
- Be aware of who can hear you when you give personal information, whether it’s over the phone or in the store.
- Minimize the amount of personal information a criminal could steal. Don’t carry extra credit cards, your Social Security card, birth certificate, or passport.
- Take care when using ATMs or keypads. Shield the keyboard from over-the-shoulder peeks when entering your PIN.
Your account on the go.
Online options for securely managing your account.
Where is my secure account site?
Find out where to sign in or sign up.